Design of this website
This website is run by Luxulyan Parish Council. The Council wants as many people
as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should
be able to:
- change colours,
contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300%
without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of
the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of
the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of
the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS,
NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on
making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
See Feedback and Contact Information below if you find any problems with this website.
- Links to external websites and to PDF documents will open in another window.
- Heading Levels 5 and 6 are used on most of these pages because of their visual impact. This means that sometimes there will be skipped heading levels between the Page Title and Heading Level 5 or 6.
Luxulyan Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Non-compliance with the WCAG Version 2.1AA
- PDF and WORD documents older than May 2020 are not fully accessible to screen reader software. They are not bookmarked, so you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader. This does not meet Criterion 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value.
- Parish Council Policies. Some policies have not been fully bookmarked and this should be complete by November 2020.
- Parish Council Accounts. The current accounts are not bookmarked. Some documents are scanned and unreadable. You may contact the Clerk for these documents in a different format. Contact details are below.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix the documents on the pages below. The documents serve as an archive of the parish's activities, finances and issues. If you would like a copy of any of these documents in a different format, please see Feedback and Contact Information below.
- Parish Council Accounts
- Parish Highways
- Bodwen Solar Park Fund Questionnaire Aug 18
- LPCF - Luxulyan Parish Community Fund. The PDF documents are not Council documents.
- Luxulyan Neighbourhood Development Plan
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We invite all users of our website to contact us if they have a problem with accessibility or if they have suggestions for improved accessibility.
- EXCEL documents. The Clerk will soon receive training in accessible Excel documents so that future accounts documents are up to accessibility standards.
Feedback and Contact Information
Luxulyan Parish Council does not have an office. You may contact the Parish Council through the Parish Council’s Clerk. Please note that the Clerk works part time.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01208 831 283
- You can also find the Clerk’s postal address on this website at the Contact Us webpage.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like
accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, contact the Clerk. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
How to report accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If
you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting
accessibility requirements, contact the Parish Clerk. We’ll get back to you in 5 working days.
You may come to a Parish Council meeting
Luxulyan Parish Council meets every month and each meeting has a Public
Session when people are allowed to speak to the Council about issues they want
to bring up.
The Parish Council usually meets on the second Thursday of the month at
6.00 pm, though occasionally this can change. Luxulyan Parish Council’s meeting
schedule is on our website: Parish
Council Meetings, Agendas & Minutes.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This accessibility statement applies to this website only and was prepared on 10 September 2020. The website was last tested on 10 September 2020. The test was carried out by Vision ICT and Luxulyan Parish Council. We tested all webpages on our website using this online tool: WAVE.webaim.org.
APPROVED BY LUXULYAN PARISH COUNCIL on 8 October 2020 and at the same time the Council has delegated the Clerk to update this Accessibility Statement as and when required.
The Accessibility Statement was last reviewed by the Clerk on 13 November 2020.